As you know, Florida is a fantastic place for boating. While a day out on the water is frequently a fun and relaxing time, this is not always the case. Unfortunately, boat accidents can happen, and if you are someone who was recently wrongfully injured in one, you should strongly consider speaking with a knowledgeable Jacksonville personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Our firm is prepared to fight for the financial compensation you deserve and need to heal. Here are some of the questions you may have regarding boat accidents and the personal injury claims process ahead:
What are the most common causes of boat accidents?
As you can imagine, boat accidents happen for a wide variety of reasons. Unfortunately, most boat accidents are caused by negligence. Some of the most common causes of boat accidents are as follows:
- Boating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Boating at dangerous speeds
- Boating while distracted
- Failing to bring safety equipment on board
- Crashing into fixed objects or other boats
Satisfying the Burden of Proof
After sustaining an injury in a boat accident, you should do everything in your power to document the incident. This can include the following:
- Call the police and ensure you receive immediate medical attention.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures/videos of the scene of the accident, including any damage caused by the accident.
- Obtain a copy of all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer who can work to gather and present all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim.
How long will I have to file a personal injury claim in the state of Florida?
There is a time limit on every personal injury claim. In Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is, typically, four years, which means that you will only have four years from the date of your accident to sue the person responsible for your injuries. Waiting any longer than four years from the date of your accident will most likely relinquish your right to sue. Our legal team is prepared to assist you today. All you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.