Memorial Day is a time of celebration, and oftentimes, we celebrate with pool parties, barbecues, and more. Please continue reading and speak with our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys to learn more about swimming pool and barbecue safety tips so you can ensure you have a safe and happy holiday.
Swimming Pool Safety Tips
There are a wide array of actions you should take to ensure that your swimming pool is safe for all who use it. Some of those actions are as follows:
- Ensure you install drain covers.
- Ensure that no one uses electronic devices in the pool.
- Never leave children alone.
- If you have an above-ground pool, stow the ladder away while not in use.
- Learn CPR.
- Install all barriers, fencing, and alarms where needed.
- Inform all swimmers where the safe diving area is. If there is not one, inform them of this as well.
- If children cannot stand in the water, ensure they have flotation devices.
Barbecue Safety Tips
You should also ensure that you take all of the necessary safety precautions before grilling as well. Keep the following in mind:
- Ensure your grill is at least 10 feet away from your house.
- Ensure that you clean your grill before firing it up.
- Never grill indoors.
- Always check for gas leaks.
- Keep a hose or another water source on standby. It may also pay to have a fire extinguisher on hand as well.
- Do not turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed.
- Never leave your grill unattended when cooking.
- Do not try to grill too much at once.
What to do if You’ve Been Hurt on Someone Else’s Property
If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property during a Memorial Day celebration, you should understand that you may have a valid personal injury claim, especially if you can prove that you were injured as a direct result of that property owner’s negligence. Of course, no one wants to file a personal injury claim against their friend or family member, however, you should know that these claims are not against the property owner directly; instead, we will simply be suing the property owner’s insurance company. If you have any further questions or you require the services of a knowledgeable Florida personal injury attorney, give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.