Valuable Information Concerning Car Accidents in Florida

Car accidents are dreadful experiences for all who are involved. However, with a degree of knowledge and plan in place regarding what you should do after one, you can drastically increase your chances of a positive outcome. Please read on and speak with our experienced Florida personal injury attorneys to learn more about car accidents and how we can help you through the claims process.

What should I do after a car accident?

After an auto accident, you must take several steps to maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. First, you should call the police and seek medical attention. While you wait for the police to arrive, ask the other motorist for their insurance information, take pictures of the scene of the accident, and ask witnesses for their contact information. Once an ambulance takes you to the hospital and you are in stable condition, ask your doctor for the medical documentation regarding your injuries, as we can also use this to prove your claim. Finally, reach out to an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who is ready to fight for your right to a swift recovery.

Will I have to sue my friend if I was injured as a passenger in his car?

Injured passengers often worry about whether they will have to take legal action against their friend to recover the compensation they need. Fortunately, the truth is, our firm will file a claim against your friend’s insurance company, and not your friend directly. This means that in many cases, these lawsuits will help you recover compensation without costing your friend a dime.

What should I do if I was injured by a drunk driver in Florida?

Florida has a dram shop law, which means that in certain cases, in addition to a “standard” claim against a driver who caused your injuries, you may also file a third-party lawsuit. Florida’s dram shop law states that vendors that serve alcohol (bars, restaurants, or other establishments) may not serve minors or “habitually addicted” people. So, for example, if you can prove that a bar knowingly served a minor and that minor later got in his car and crashed into you, you may also sue the establishment, on top of the negligent driver.

Does Florida offer PIP?

Yes. Florida motorists must have at least $10,000 in PIP (Personal Injury Protection) insurance. This covers 80 percent of your medical bills, 60 percent of your lost wages, and $5,000 in death benefits, should you ever get into an accident. That being said, PIP oftentimes does not cover the entirety of your injuries, in which case you should consider filing a personal injury claim.

What should I do if I was hit by a driver without insurance?

This is what uninsured motorist coverage is for. If you were injured in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist, you can actually file a claim against your own insurance company to win the compensation you need. Our firm is more than capable of helping you do so.

How long do I have to sue another motorist for an injury?

The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years, which gives injured motorists four years from the date of their accident to sue for their injuries. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf immediately. All you have to do is ask.

Contact our experienced Florida firm

Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.