Unfortunately, we live in a day and age where auto accidents are inexcusably common. Often, auto accidents occur for the same reasons. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Jacksonville personal injury attorneys to learn more about the most common causes of auto accidents and how our firm can help if you’ve been wrongfully injured in one.
The Five Most Common Causes of Auto Accidents
The five most common causes of auto accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is the most common cause of auto accidents in today’s day and age, with cellular devices readily available at our fingertips. Unfortunately, texting or otherwise using a cellular device without hands-free technology is a very serious risk factor on the road, and if you were hurt because of someone who was texting while driving, you most likely have a valid personal injury claim.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol is illegal. It is also extremely unsafe. Unfortunately, many people make the terrible decision of doing so anyway. If you are a drunk driving accident victim, our firm is on your side and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Speeding: Speeding is against the law, and for good reason. In fact, most auto accidents involve at least one motorist who was speeding. Traveling above the speed limit is a serious safety hazard and can make any accident far more devastating.
- Driving while fatigued: Though many of us are guilty of driving while fatigued, especially after finishing a long day at work, the truth is, doing so is a form of negligence. Driving while fatigued slows our reaction time and can lead to serious accidents. This is why it is always best to have a cup of coffee before heading out if you feel tired.
- Ignoring traffic lights and signs: Traffic lights and signs are there for a reason. Failing to observe them can result in serious accidents and injuries.
Of course, serious auto accidents can occur when one party is guilty of any sort of negligence. The bottom line is that if you’ve been injured in an auto accident due to another party’s negligence, you should speak with an experienced Jacksonville personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. Our firm is here to help.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.