When anyone gets into a swimming pool, they assume that it is safe. Unfortunately, not every swimming pool is safe, and when a pool owner isn’t vigilant in ensuring his or her pool is safe, serious swimming pool accidents can occur. Below, you will find a short bulleted list of tips for pool owners to help avoid such accidents. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Florida personal injury lawyers to learn more about swimming pool safety and how we can help if you’ve been hurt in a swimming pool accident.
Tips for Avoiding Swimming Pool Accidents
As a home or property owner, it is critical that you ensure your pool is safe for all before allowing anyone in it. By taking these simple precautions, you may save a life. They are as follows:
- Ensure that all proper barriers, alarms, and fencing are installed
- Ensure that all drain covers are properly installed
- Never leave children alone in the pool; always have a responsible adult nearby
- Always tell swimmers whether there is a safe diving area in the pool
- Ensure no one uses an electronic device in the pool
- Ensure everyone is swimming sober
- Learn CPR
- If you have an above-ground pool, ensure that you remove the portable ladder after everyone is out of the pool
- Ensure all children who cannot stand are equipped with flotation devices
- Place “wet floor” warning signs where necessary
What to Know About Swimming Pool Accidents
Unfortunately, even responsible pool owners can sometimes neglect to take all of the necessary precautions before opening their pool to others, and when this happens, it is not uncommon for serious injuries to occur as a result. If you were injured in a swimming pool accident due to no fault of your own, our firm is here to help fight for the compensation you deserve. To win financial compensation in any personal injury claim, we will have to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence. Our firm can use various forms of documentation to help prove your claim, including pictures of the unsafe pool conditions, witness statements, medical documents, video evidence of the accident, and more. Whether you were injured at a relative’s house, a public pool, or a private pool, our experienced Jacksonville personal injury attorneys will fight for the compensation you need to heal.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.