Nobody imagines that they will sustain a serious injury while simply shopping for the week’s food. Unfortunately, when not carefully maintained and monitored, supermarkets can become very dangerous. If you are someone who recently sustained an injury in a supermarket accident due to no fault of your own, there is a very good chance that you are now seeking financial compensation. Please continue reading and speak with our experienced Florida personal injury attorney to learn more about supermarket accidents and how we can help if you’ve been injured in one.
How do supermarket accidents most frequently occur?
Supermarket accidents are jarring, however, they are not unlike many other accidents in that they are frequently caused by negligence. Some of the most common causes of supermarket accidents include the following:
- Spills left in aisles or restrooms, causing slip and fall accidents
- Broken glass from jars or other merchandise left in aisles
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Poorly-placed floor mats
- Unsafe supermarket parking lots (either due to negligent signage, insufficient lighting, lack of security, or otherwise)
- Spoiled food
- Loose produce
- Unsafe supermarket sidewalks
What should I do if I am hurt in a supermarket?
If you are injured in a supermarket accident, as long as you are physically capable, you should take several steps to maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. Those steps are as follows:
- Notify the store manager/owner of the accident. He/she should file a store incident report and call an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, email, and, if possible, a written/recorded statement of their account of your accident.
- Take pictures of the unsafe supermarket condition that caused your accident and try to save any other evidence regarding the circumstances of your accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation/bills associated with your injury, as we can use them to prove the extent of your injury.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Jacksonville personal injury attorney.
Are supermarkets liable for injuries?
As long as your Florida personal injury attorney can satisfy the burden of proof by demonstrating that the property owner/staff knew or should have reasonably known about the unsafe conditions, failed to fix them, and that you were injured and incurred significant damages as a result, you should have a valid premises liability claim.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.