Parking lot accidents occur every single day in Florida, and whether you’ve been injured due to unsafe property conditions or as a result of a negligent driver, you should strongly consider your legal options going forward. Our knowledgeable Florida personal injury attorneys can formulate a strategy in an effort to win you the compensation you need to heal. Continue reading and speak with our firm to learn more. Here are some of the questions you may have:
How do most parking lot accidents occur?
Parking lot accidents can be devastating. In many cases, they occur due to unsafe property conditions. For example, parking lot owners are responsible for ensuring that parking lots are well-lit, do not have serious potholes, have safe sidewalks, and are free of standing water or other debris that can cause someone to trip and fall. When they fail to do so, people can sustain serious injuries as a result, and oftentimes, they may hold that property owner accountable. That being said, in other cases, parking lot accidents are also caused by negligent drivers who strike pedestrians while pulling into or backing out of spots. Regardless of the cause of your injury, if you’ve been wrongfully hurt in a parking lot accident, you need an experienced attorney on your side.
What steps should I take after sustaining an injury in a parking lot accident?
When someone is injured in a parking lot accident, they are often unable to do anything other than wait to be transported to a hospital. However, if you can, you should try to document the facts surrounding your accident in an effort to better prove your personal injury claim down the road. This is why you should try to take the following steps:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident.
- Photograph the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Ask anyone who witnessed the accident for their contact information. They may verify your claim at a later date.
- Seek immediate medical treatment, even if you are not seriously injured. Sometimes, certain injuries take a couple of days to reveal themselves.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation concerning your injury.
- Hire a seasoned Jacksonville personal injury attorney who can determine the cause of your accident and file a personal injury claim on your behalf–and do so within four years of the date of your accident, as the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, typically, four years.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is comprised of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.