If you’re like most people, you aren’t afraid of going to an airport and getting ready to board a flight. Most people fear taking off and flying to their destination far more. That said, the unfortunate reality is that often, serious accidents can still happen in airports themselves. If you’ve been injured in an airport, you should continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Jacksonville personal injury attorneys to learn more about airport accidents and how our firm can help if you have been wrongfully injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have regarding airport accidents and the legal process ahead:
What are the most frequent causes of airport accidents?
Airports house a wide array of amenities, including restaurants, bars, gift shops, and more. All of these places require staff to maintain the premises and ensure they are safe for all those visiting them. Unfortunately, when airport staff neglects to be vigilant in ensuring travelers’ safety, serious accidents can happen. Some of the most common causes of airport accidents that our firm sees are as follows:
- Defective elevators/escalators
- Spills left uncleared
- Merchandise falling from shelves
- Unsafe airport parking lots or sidewalks
- Negligent security
If you were injured because of any of the aforementioned safety hazards, there is a good chance that you will have a valid personal injury claim. Our firm is here to help.
What should I do if I’m injured in an airport?
If you are injured in an airport, you should do everything you can to document the incident. If possible, please try to take the following steps:
- Notify security guards of your accident. They should call the police, and an ambulance should be sent to the scene.
- Take pictures of the dangerous airport conditions that caused your accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information, as they may verify your personal injury claim at a later date.
- Ensure that you receive medical treatment at once, as your health is paramount.
- Once you are treated in a hospital, request a copy of all medical documentation from your treating physician.
- Retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney who can work to uncover all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof in your personal injury claim, including surveillance footage of the accident as it happened.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.