Barry B. Ansbacher, Esq., is the managing partner of Ansbacher Law. He and his legal team serve North Florida from offices in Jacksonville, Fleming Island, St. Augustine, and Palm Coast. Barry Ansbacher is recognized by his peers and clients as one of Florida’s leading trial attorneys. He was the first lawyer in Florida to achieve Board Certification in both Real Estate and Construction Law, and is the only attorney in North Florida to hold both certifications.
A Jacksonville native and University of Florida Levin College of Law graduate, Barry Ansbacher began working as an attorney in Jacksonville with his father, Lewis “Lukie” Ansbacher. In 1997, Barry founded Ansbacher Law. The firm has since grown to thirty professionals serving condominium associations, homeowner associations, property owners, personal injury victims, and commercial clients. The transactional team at Ansbacher Law represents buyers, sellers and lenders for both residential and commercial properties.
For nearly thirty years, Barry Ansbacher has specialized in real estate, construction and community association law. Ansbacher Law has consistently delivered successful results for its clients. Barry helped his clients transform a failing retail mall into a world class office park, procuring international equity financing and negotiating the construction contract. In 2016, he obtained a landmark jury verdict against the nation’s largest home builder on behalf of a condominium association.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section:
- Member, 1989 – present
- Executive Council, 1997 – 2011
- Chair, Real Property Forms Committee, 2008 – 2010
- Real Property Problems Study Committee 2002 – present; Chair, 2004 – 2008
- Member, Construction Law Committee, 2004 – present
- Member, Florida Bar Eminent Domain Committee, 2009 – 2011
- Member, Condominium & Planned Community Law Committee, 2006 – present
- Fourth Judicial Circuit, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, Florida Supreme Court Appointment, 2002 – 2005
- Jacksonville Bar Association.
- Member, 2000- present
- Chair, Real Estate Section, 2011 – 2012
- President, Attorneys’ Real Property Council of Northeast Florida, 1994 – 1996
- Member, ARPC Arbitration Panel, 1996 – 2005
- Member, State of Florida, Department of Community Affairs, Florida Building Commission, Alternative Plans Review & Inspections Task Force, 2004)
- Agent, Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Volunteer, Florida Attorneys Saving Homes, 2009 – present
Publications & Presentations
BACK TO OUR TEAM
- Author & Speaker, “Condominium and Homeowner Associations”, Annual Construction Law Certification Review Course, 2012- 2014, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Speaker & Author, ” Landlord Tenant Law: How to Prosper in the New Market ,” SES Educaton Services 2014.
- Speaker & Author, “Condominium Board Member Certification Review Course,” Seminar Approved by the Florida Division of Condominiums, Timeshares & Mobile Homes, Association, 2013.
- Speaker & Author, “Contract Issues for Land Transactions for Properties with Environmental & Land Use Concerns,” Environmental and Land Use Considerations for Real Estate Transactions, 2014, Florida Bar,Environmental & Land Use Section and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section.
- Speaker & Author, “The Effect of Statute of Limitations on Construction Defect Claims,” 5th Annual Construction Law Institute, 2012, Florida Bar,Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section.
- Speaker, “How Homeowners Associations Can Deal with the Impact of Short Sales and Foreclosures”, 2011, St. Johns County Civic Association Roundtable.
- Speaker, “Closings”, The Real Estate Team, 2010, Florida Legal Education Association.
- Author & Speaker, “Representing the Buyers of Distressed Properties”, 2010, University of Miami, Ralph Boyer Institute.
- Author & Speaker, “Business Entities”, Annual Real Estate Certification Review Course, 2005 – 2010, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Peer Review Editor, Construction Law Institute, 2009, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Author, “Subdivisions,” Florida Real Property Complex Transactions, 1997, 1999, & 2000, Florida Bar.
- Author & Speaker, “Problem Loans,” January 2003, Sterling Education Systems.
- Author & Speaker, “Florida Real Estate Titles and Title Insurance,” 2000, HalfMoon LLC. (Approved as lecturer by Florida Dept. of Insurance).
- Speaker, “Judgment & UCC Assignments,” Annual Legislative and Case Law Update, 2005, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Speaker, “Electronic Recording,” Annual Legislative and Case Law Update, 2007, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Co-Author, “Issues of Transboundary Pollution in North America”, 1988, Revue Juridique de L’Environment.
- Author, Various “White Papers” in support of Bills before the Florida Legislature regarding Real Property and Business Organization Legislation.