Terrell K. Arline represents clients in local government, land use, administrative law, and environment law.
Terrell K. Arline obtained a law degree and a master’s degree in urban and regional planning from the University of Florida. He practiced law in Palm Beach County before moving to Tallahassee to work for the Department of Community Affairs. He was the Legal Director of 1000 Friends of Florida. He served as the Bay County Attorney for ten years. In 2014, Florida Trend recognized Terrell as one of Florida’s Legal Leaders.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Member, 1980 – Present
- Member, Local Government Law Section
- Member, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Awards and Distinctions
- America’s Best Lawyers, U.S. News and World Report (2020 – 2023)
- Professionalism for Local Government Attorneys, Florida Association of County Attorneys –2016
- Florida Legal Elite: Government & Non-Profit lawyers, Florida Trend –2016 – 2023
Publication and Presentations
- Energy Conservation Through Regulation: A Manual For Local Governments, Center for Governmental Responsibility (1980).
- Energy Law in Florida, Center for Governmental Responsibility (1980).
- “The consistency mandate of the Local Government Comprehensive Planning Act,” Florida Bar
- “Zoning for Energy Conservation,” Florida Environmental and Urban Issues, FAU-FIU, Joint Center (1982).
- “Zoning for Energy Conservation: The Legal Issues,” Florida Environmental and Urban Issues, FAU-FIU, Joint Center (1982)
- “A Citizen’s Standing to Sue in Environmental and Land Use Cases,” Florida Bar Journal (1981).
- “Local Government Plan Consistency and Citizen Standing,” Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, Florida State University, Vol.1, No.2 (1985)
- “Exceptions to Recommended Orders,” Florida Bar Journal (10/94)
- “A New Type of Leadership: Empowering Citizens to Shape Their Own Communities,” 1000
Friends of Florida (1997).
- “The Link Between Comprehensive Planning and Environmental Permitting,” The Florida Bar.
- “Land Use Law Case Update,” The Florida Bar (2000).
- “Standing, Comprehensive Planning and DRIs,” The Florida Bar (2000).
- “Legislative Update,” The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education and Environmental and Land Use Law Section (8/01).
- “Legislative Update,” The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education and Environmental and Land Use Law Section (8/02). “
- “Judicial Review of Land Use Decisions,” Florida Environmental and Land Use Law Treatise (2002- 2003).
- “Environmental and Land Use Considerations in Real Estate Transactions,” The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education and Real Estate, Wills and Probate Section (1/07 and 1/08).
- “The Dissolution of the Town of Cedar Grove,” Florida Bar Journal, (05/2013)