Unsuspecting consumers are wrongfully harmed by dangerous or defective products virtually every single day here in the United States. Whether you were injured in an auto accident caused by defective car parts, were harmed by taking a defective drug, sustained an injury due to an unsafe power tool, or were hurt because of any other defective product, there’s a strong chance you’ll have a valid injury claim. Read on and reach out to a Jacksonville personal injury lawyer from our legal team to learn more.
How do I know if I have a valid defective product injury claim?
There are three main types of defective product injury claims. You can either sue on the grounds of the product having an unsafe design, being negligently manufactured, or for a failure to warn of potential hazards. For example, if the product was designed in a way that did not account for consumer safety and someone was hurt as a result, they should have a valid product liability claim. However, they must first prove that there was a safer, economically feasible means of designing the product that would not hinder its function.
In other cases, if you can prove the manufacturer neglected to follow the previously safe product blueprint, either to save time/money or simply due to negligence, causing the product to become unsafe and injure you as a result, you should also have a valid injury claim. Finally, if you can prove the product didn’t come with proper warnings/instructions on how to or how not to use it and you were harmed as a result, you may have a valid claim.
What should I do if I’m hurt by a defective product?
If you’re hurt by a defective product, there are several steps you can take to maximize your chances of winning your product liability claim. They are as follows:
- Don’t throw the product away. We can use the product itself as evidence of its defect when proving your injury claim.
- Call emergency medical services to the scene and ensure your injuries are treated at once.
- Take pictures of the product defect, as well as any damage/injuries the product defect caused.
- If anyone saw the incident occur, ask them for their contact information so they can corroborate your claim.
- Keep copies of medical documentation regarding your injury.
- Hire a competent Jacksonville personal injury lawyer who can fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED FLORIDA FIRM
Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.