There is nothing worse than being injured in an auto accident, especially when the accident is caused by the negligence of another party. One of the leading causes of auto accidents here in Florida is aggressive driving. Fortunately, if you were hurt by an aggressive driver, there’s a strong chance you have legal recourse available. Please continue reading and reach out to our seasoned Jacksonville auto accident attorneys to learn more about aggressive driving accidents and how our legal team can help if you’ve been wrongfully harmed in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are some of the most common examples of aggressive driving?
There are a wide array of ways in which a driver may be classified as “aggressive,” but, simply put, an aggressive driver is one who flagrantly disregards the rules and regulations of the road and endangers other motorists as a result. Some of the most common examples of aggressive driving are as follows:
- Flashing lights or honking the horn at other drivers
- Making obscene gestures
- Tailing other drivers too closely
- Driving through stop signs or red lights
- Merging or changing lanes without looking
- Driving over the speed limit
- Cutting other drivers off
- Failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians or other drivers
What can I do if I was injured in an accident caused by an aggressive driver?
If you were hurt in an auto accident caused by an aggressive driver, you should do what you can to document exactly how the accident occurred. If possible, you should try and take the following actions:
- Call the police and request emergency medical services to the scene, especially if you’re critically injured.
- Ask the other driver for their insurance information (if the driver is in a rage, however, simply stay in your car, photograph their license plate, and await the arrival of law enforcement).
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of any damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and any property involved in the accident.
- Keep copies of all medical paperwork pertaining to your injuries.
- Retain the services of a competent Jacksonville personal injury lawyer who can help you fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED FLORIDA FIRM
Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.