On April 1, 2020, Governor DeSantis entered Executive Order 20-91 regarding Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency. This Order demands certain individuals to stay home and otherwise provides that all persons in Florida shall limit activities outside the home to “only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.” The Order goes on to describe what constitutes an essential service or essential activity.
If you are a business owner or employee, please continue reading to learn more about the businesses classified as “essential” in the state of Florida as per the executive order. Some of which are as follows:
- Legal services when necessary, as long as they are in compliance with the initial Order
- Childcare, when necessary
- Parks and government offices;
- Pet supply stores
- Food cultivation, such as farming
- Businesses that provide the public with food, shelter, and other necessities
- Gas stations
- Hardware stores
- Businesses that mail and ship orders
- Veterinarians offices
- Firearm and ammunition supply stores
- Food services, but only within limits of the initial Order
- Transportation services
- Nursing homes and other senior care facilities
- Businesses selling propane or other natural gasses
- Open construction sites
- Certain factories
- Waste management services
- Hotels, motels, and certain other commercial lodging establishments
These are unprecedented times, however, we believe that as long as everyone remains calm and follows the governor’s orders, we will get through this, and business will eventually resume as usual. If you have any additional business law concerns, please do not hesitate to give our experienced Florida business law attorneys a call. Ansbacher Law remains open for business, and we are here to assist you and your business in any way we can. To read the full executive order, click below for a PDF.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Ansbacher Law is composed of knowledgeable attorneys who are ready to assist clients with various legal matters throughout North Florida. We understand the urgency of your personal injury claim and additional legal matters, which is why we provide each of our clients with compassionate and efficient legal assistance, every step of the way. Please contact our office for an initial consultation today.