Ms. Ertl has focused her legal practice on business and real property law for almost 20 years. In particular, Ms. Ertl’s legal practice concentrates on assisting the most well-known business communities in Florida, condominium and homeowner associations. For more than a decade Ms. Ertl has dedicated her practice to assisting condominium and homeowner associations with everything from liens to covenant enforcement to litigation to mediation/arbitration. She also assists various types of businesses and individual with most all of their business and real property needs, including the subspecialty of copyrights and trademarks. Ms. Ertl began her career moving to Los Angeles, California to pursue her interests in entertainment law. In 2000, Ms. Ertl returned to Florida to be closer to her family and immediately began working with a business law firm, which allowed her to focus her practice on business and real property law. As a native Floridian, Ms. Ertl is proud to call St. Augustine her home, which allows her to assist clients throughout the northeast and east central Florida.
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 2004 – present
- Executive Council, 2014 – present
- Lead At Large Member for 4th Judicial Circuit, 2015 – present
- Member, Condominium & PUD Committee, 2004 – present
- Member, Real Property Litigation Committee, 2014 – present
- Member, Real Property UPL Sub-committee, 2013 – 2015
- American Inn of Court, Dunn Blount Chapter
- Member, 2007 – present
- President, 2016 – present
- Vice President, 2014 – 2016
- Founding Member, Sophie’s Circle
- Associate Member, Building Association Managers (BAM), 2006 – 2016
- Member, Attorney – Realtor Committee of Daytona Beach Area Association of Realtors, 2007 – 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Advanced Business Law, Flagler College, 2002 – 2005
- Leadership Daytona Class XXV, Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Ormond Beach Class IV, Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
Publications & Presentations
BACK TO OUR TEAM
- Instructor, “Homeowner & Condominium Board of Director Certification Course,” Ansbacher Education, LLC., 2014 – present.
- Instructor, “Legal Update for Community Association Managers and Community Leaders,” Ansbacher Education, LLC., 2015 – present
- Speaker, “Legislative Update,” Building Association Managers of Volusia County (BAM), 2007 – 2015.
- Instructor, “Condominiums and Homeowners Associations,” Advanced Construction Law Certification Review Course, The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, 2014.
- Speaker, “Women in Business,” Florida Department of Financial Services, 2010.
- Speaker, “Leadership in Business,” Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Alumni, 2010.