Zoning is a device of land use planning used by local governments in most developed countries. The word is derived from the practice of designating permitted uses of land based on mapped zones which separate one set of land uses from another. Zoning may be use-based (regulating the uses to which land may be put), or it may regulate building height, lot coverage, and similar characteristics, or some combination of these. Similar urban planning methods have dictated the use of various areas for particular purposes in many cities from ancient times.
Areas of Practice
- Can Your Condo Board Vote by E-mail?
- 5 Questions to Keep in Mind When Outside Groups Request to Use Association Property
- Ansbacher Law Will Join the 2014 First Coast Heart Walk
- Registration Open for 2014 Legal Update Seminar in St. Augustine
- Barry Ansbacher Included in 2015 List of Best Lawyers in America